We would love for import/export to work seamlessly at all times. We take bug reports seriously and appreciate your help in making our applications more stable and usable!
A. Submit a debug log.
Go to Signal > View > Debug log > Submit > Copy the link and paste it into an email to email@example.com.
B. Uninstall the new Signal Desktop.
- Mac OSX: Delete the Signal.app file from the applications directory.
- Windows: Select 'Uninstall Signal.exe' in C:\Users\<Your Name>\AppData\Local\Programs\signal-desktop
apt-get remove signal-desktop
C. Revert back to the old Signal Desktop.
- Go to chrome://extensions
- Click on the 'Developer-Mode' checkbox.
- Find Signal in your extension list and look for the 'Inspect views:' header underneath it.
- Click 'background.html' which will open a new Chrome window.
- Navigate to the 'Console' tab.
- When this window is in focus, you will have a blinking cursor next to a '>' sign.
- Paste this command into the console and press enter:
- Wait a moment, then paste this command and press enter: