Like all Signal messages, voice and video calls are private too. Both video and microphone permissions are needed for video calls.
To start a voice or video call
- Open a chat with a contact you want to call.
- Tap the phone icon with a lock .
- To start a video call, tap on the camera icon below your contact's name to allow the camera from your side of the call.
- You will see "Dialing" and hear a dialing tone while waiting for the call to connect with your contact.
- You will see "Ringing" and hear a ringing tone when your contact's phone is online and ringing.
- You will see "Connected" and the ringing tone will stop when your call has been answered.
Below is an example of a Signal voice call screen
Learn how: to start a voice or video call on the iPhone.