Like all Signal messages, voice and video calls are private too. Both video and microphone permissions are needed for video calls.
To start a voice or video call
- Open a chat with your contact.
- Tap the phone icon .
- To start a video call, tap on the camera icon on the right to allow the camera from your side of the call.
- You will see "Connecting" and hear a connecting tone while waiting for the call to connect with your contact. You will remain "Connecting" if your contact is offline or has not enabled the microphone and video permissions.
- You will see "Ringing" and hear a ringing tone when your contact's phone is online and ringing.
- The ringing tone will stop and the call duration timer will start after your call has been answered.