In addition to messaging and calling privately, Signal Android can be set as your default SMS/MMS app where all your communication is simplified through one app. In this case, you may want to know when your communication is private as a Signal message or is insecure as an SMS/MMS.
When you can message or call privately
- the call icon will have a lock .
- the area where you type a message will say Signal message.
- the send icon will be blueafter you type a message.
- for Signal versions 4.10 and earlier, each and every Signal message bubble will have a lock icon on the outside corner.
- for Signal versions 4.11 and later, the lock icon has been removed for Signal messages. Insecure communication will show an unlock icon.
- each and every Signal voice call will state Signal Call and show the screen as displayed below.
- each and every Signal video call will show the icons from the screen below and after tapping on the screen you will see all information as displayed on the screen below.
Below is an example of a Signal call screen