After you have completed registering your number with Signal, you can start messaging and calling.
To start a chat with a contact
- Open Signal.
- Tap on the message compose icon to view your Signal contact list.
- Select a contact. This will open a chat with this contact.
- If you have Signal set as your default SMS/MMS app, then check if your communication is private.
- Tap into the area where you type a message. If you opened a chat with another Signal user, this will show Signal message.
- Type your message, attach and edit an image, or record a voice note.
- Tap the blue-send icon with a closed lock to send a private message or long-press the send icon to switch to the gray-icon with an open lock to send an insecure SMS/MMS.