Signal uses Google’s GCM and Apple’s APN push messaging services as a notification for the app to wake up and connect to Signal servers. Nothing is actually transmitted via GCM or APN. Neither Google nor Apple has access to metadata about who you are communicating with.
Articles in this section
- How do I join Signal's beta?
- How do I send you a debug log?
- Can I use Signal for work?
- How can I donate?
- How do I help?
- Can I use Signal when I go abroad?
- Can Google read my messages? Can Apple read my messages?
- Where are my groups?
- How can I recover my messages?
- Why does my call never ring? Why can't I hear my contact?