With Signal version 2.23+, you can use your iPhone phone screen lock as a screen lock for Signal. If you choose a pin, passphrase, fingerprint, or FaceID lock for your iPhone, this same method will be available for Signal's screen lock.
To enable a screen lock on Signal iOS
- Enable a screen lock on your iPhone.
- Open Signal.
- Choose Settings.
- Choose Privacy.
- To Enable:
- Tap Screen Lock until it slides right and shows a blue color.
- Then select your Screen Lock Timeout which ranges from Instant to 1 hour.
- To Disable:
- Tap Screen Lock until it slides left and shows a white color.
- Then enter your Screen Lock pin, passphrase, fingerprint, or FaceID to confirm disabling.
Learn how to set a screen lock for Signal Android.