What is the latest version of Signal iOS?
Check our App store page for the latest version number and a list of updates.
Which version of Signal iOS do I have?
To check your Signal iOS version number, simply go to Signal > Settings > About
How do I update Signal iOS?
Signal gets better with every update. Here's how to make sure you can get every one:
To set up automatic updates for Signal and your other apps:
- From your iPhone home screen tap Settings
- Select [your name]
- Select iTunes & App Store
- Enable Apps
Find the latest version by visiting https://signal.org/install on your phone or going directly to the Signal store page for your iPhone. If a new version is available to you on your phone, you will see the option to update. Select update and open Signal.
Apple controls downloads and installs for all iPhone apps. Check Apple's support center for additional information.
- What if I can not tap the "Install" button or it's grayed out?
Try connecting your phone to your computer and complete syncing your apps via iTunes.
- What if Signal is stuck on "Installing" or "Waiting" on my phone?
It looks like you've ran out of free space on you phone. You will need to free up memory and then you can go to the App Store app and finish or restart your app updates.
- What if the iTunes store asks for a password or payment?
Signal is free to use. This will be happening for any app that you are trying to download and is not unique to Signal. The iTunes store and your settings require you to login to download.
- What if the store page only shows "Open" but I'm not on the latest version?
It sounds like you have signed in to your iPhone with a different Apple ID than what you used when you originally downloaded Signal.
- Go to the App Store app
- Select the Updates tab or click on your avatar
- Look at the apps that are "Not on this iPhone" to confirm if Signal is on your iPhone or not.