What is the latest version of Signal Android?
Check our Play store page for the latest version number and a list of updates.
Which version of Signal Android do I have?
To check your Signal Android version number, simply go to Signal > Settings > Advanced
How do I update Signal Android?
Signal gets better with every update. Here's how to make sure you can get every one:
To set up automatic updates for Signal and your other apps:
- Open the Google Play Store app
- Select Settings
- Tap Auto-update apps
- Select an option:
- Auto update apps at any time to update apps using either Wi-Fi or mobile data
- Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only to update apps only when connected to Wi-Fi
Find the latest version by visiting https://signal.org/install on your phone or going directly to the Signal store page for your Android phone. If a new version is available to you on your phone, you will see the option to update. Select update and open Signal.
- Check your internet connectivity.
For best results, connect to Wi-Fi before downloading.
- Do you have multiple Google accounts linked to your device?
Check that you are signed into the correct Google Account for the app store.
- Do you see an alert of insufficient space on your device?
You will need to free up some memory on the internal storage of your phone. First check to see how much space is available on your phone.
- Open Android phone Settings
- Select Storage.
- If your device has less than 50MB available, you may need to uninstall other apps to clear space.
- Once you have more space available, try downloading Signal again.
- Check if you have enough free memory on your device as listed in the steps above.
- Follow steps on Google's support center for additional information.