Until you have access to your phone number, there is nothing that can be done with Signal.
You may want to consider options provided for your entire device:
- For an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, follow steps from Apple's support page.
- For an Android phone, follow steps from Google's support page.
Once you get a new phone you can install Signal and register.
- This will stop all messaging and calling on your old phone.
- Your past message history will remain on your old phone.
- All new messaging and calling will be handled by this new phone.
- Each contact will see a new safety number for their conversation with you.