Absolutely. All Signal calling and messaging is done over the internet. As long as you are connected to the internet without any restrictions, then everything will work just as it did when you were home. Your contacts can still reach you at your Signal registered number. In order to reinstall or re-register Signal, you need access to SMS or calls to your SIM card. Contact your mobile provider before you head abroad to make sure you can receive SMS or calls to that number if you plan on reinstalling Signal or wiping your phone while away from home.
Articles in this section
- How can I contribute to Signal?
- Donor FAQs
- Does my contact need Signal?
- Can I send SMS/MMS with Signal?
- What do I do if my phone is lost or stolen?
- Can I use Signal when I travel?
- Can I use Signal for work?
- Where can I hear the latest news?
- Signal Permissions & OS Notification Settings