Change Number is supported if you:
- can send and receive Signal messages on the phone with your old number.
- are keeping the same phone and changing the number.
Change Number is not supported if you:
- can not send and receive Signal messages on the phone with your old number.
- do not have your old device or lost your phone.
You must be using the latest version of Signal available for that device:
- Android v5.30.6 or later
- iOS v5.27.1 or later
- All linked devices are updated to iOS v5.27.1 or later and Desktop v5.30.0 or later
Not seeing the feature?
- Confirm you can send and receive Signal messages on the phone with your old number.
- Check that all of linked devices (iPads and Desktops) meet the requirements listed.
- Swipe to close Signal on your phone or restart your phone. Then open Signal again. It should appear after two hours.
Steps to change number on the same phone
- In Signal, tap your profile > Settings (iOS only) > Account > Change Phone Number.
- You will not be able to undo this. Select Continue.
- Enter your old number in the first field and your new number in the second field.
- Select Continue or Done.
- Confirm the new number is correct.
- Wrong Number? Tap Edit Number to change.
- Select Change Number.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration process for the new number.
What do my contacts see?
- Your saved contacts that you never chatted with will not see the alert of the phone number change. See also: Does Signal send my number to my contacts?
- Your contacts that you have chatted with before may see an alert in your chat that the phone number has changed.
What if I do not have access to Signal with my old number?
- Delete your account to wipe your message history.
- 就像与只发短信的非 Signal 联系人进行沟通一样，告知 Signal 联系人新号码，并要求删除旧号码。
当某人在其手机上用您的旧号码注册了 Signal，消息记录将为空。另外，与旧号码联系时，Signal 联系人将获悉安全码已更改。