After you have registered your number with Signal, you can start communicating privately with other Signal users.
Here's how to send a private message:
- In Signal, tap or to view your Signal contact list.
- Select a contact or search for a contact name, their full phone number, or group name then select the entry.
- Tap into the text field and type your message or tap or to attach a photo, video, or file.
- To send,
- On Android, tap the blue send icon with a closed lock.
- On iOS, tap the send arrow.
- On Desktop, press Enter.
Having issues messaging? Follow these troubleshooting steps.
Android sending insecure SMS:
- Signal is removing SMS/MMS support from Android. Read more here.
- You will see Unsecured SMS when you are sending insecure messages through your mobile plan.
- To send an insecure SMS/MMS through your mobile plan, tap and hold or long-press the send icon to switch to the gray-icon.