- Signal installed on your Android phone or iOS device.
- Signal uses your existing phone number.
- The number must be able to receive an insecure SMS or phone call.
What will other people see when I message or call them?
- Your registered Signal number.
- Your Signal profile name and image.
- Note: Changing SIM cards does not automatically change your Signal number.
To register a number
- Install and open the latest update of Signal on your Android or iOS device.
- Enter and confirm your phone number.
- Tap Next.
- Wait for the SMS verification code to arrive. Alternatively, you can request a verification call if you can not receive SMS. After the timer finishes counting down, tap Call me.
- If the verification code is not automatically detected, it can be entered manually.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the onboarding process.
Having issues registering? Follow these troubleshooting steps.