You can permanently disable your phone number from being recognized as a Signal user by unregistering your phone number.
Visit https://signal.org/signal/unregister/ or follow the steps for your platform:
Follow steps to unregister:
- In Signal, tap your profile > Advanced > Signal messages and calls.
- Choose OK to confirm.
Follow steps to unregister and delete your message history on this iPhone:
- In Signal, tap your profile > Delete Account.
- Choose Proceed to confirm.
Follow steps to delete your message history on this Desktop:
- Open Signal.
- Navigate to Preferences.
- Mac: Go to Signal > Preferences.
- Windows: Go to File > Preferences.
- Linux: Go to File > Preferences.
- Select Clear Data.
- Choose Delete All Data to confirm.