- Signal uses your existing phone number.
- The number must be able to receive an SMS or phone call.
What number will my contacts see?
- All Signal messages and calls will come from your registered Signal number.
- Android users who have enabled Signal as their default messenger will send and receive insecure SMS and MMS messages using their mobile SIM card number.
To register a number
- Install and open the latest update of Signal.
- Enter and confirm your phone number.
- Tap Register.
- Wait for the SMS verification code to arrive. Alternatively, you can request a verification call if you can not receive SMS. After the timer finishes counting down, tap Call or I didn't get a code > Call me instead.
- If the verification code is not automatically detected, it can be entered manually and submitted.
- You can start messaging and calling as soon as the registration process is complete.
Having issues registering? Follow these troubleshooting steps.