Like all Signal messages, group voice and group video calls are private too. You will be prompted to grant the Camera and Microphone permissions the first time you make or receive a Signal call.
- Group call requirements
- Start an encrypted group voice or video call
- Share the screen while on a call
- Who is in the group call
- Switch layouts
- Minimize call
- Switch call to full-screen
- Change microphone or speakers
- Change video camera
- Call limits
- Troubleshooting calling
- Each participant is using the latest version of Signal
- Each participant is a member of the same Signal New Group chat
- The group call size limit is eight
- Open the group chat.
- Tap video call.
- Select Start Call or Join Call.
- A notification will be sent to other members of the group. An alert will appear in the group chat history.
- Answer or initiate a call on your linked Signal Desktop using steps above.
- If no one else is sharing, select Start presenting .
- Choose your entire screen or a separate window.
- Your video is not shown while you are presenting.
- Not seeing a window? Select cancel then make sure the window is open before you select Start presenting.
Here's how to stop sharing a screen while on a call:
- Select Stop presenting .
To see who is on the call,
- Before selecting Join Call,
- On Android or iOS, a summary is listed at the top of the screen.
- On Desktop, a summary is listed below your profile image or video.
- During a group call, tap the group icon to view the list.
With three or more people in a call, swipe up and down in a group call to switch between a grid layout and a view that focuses on the active speaker.
- On Android or iOS, tap the back arrow.
- On Desktop, select minimize call.
- Tap on the picture preview to bring the call in focus.
- On Android or iOS, unplug headphones or select the bluetooth or speaker icon to switch speakers.
- On Desktop, select the settings icon and select the microphone or speaker down arrows to change.
- On Android or iOS, choose to disable video or select the flip camera icon.
- On Desktop, select the settings icon and select the video down arrow to change.
Check the requirements listed above.