Blocked users will not be able to call you or send you messages through Signal.
Steps to view which numbers have been blocked:
Go to Signal Settings > Privacy > Blocked or Blocked users.
Steps to block a number or group:
- Open Signal on your phone.
- Open a chat with this contact or phone number.
- Tap on the chat header with the group name or contact name/number.
- Choose Block, Block this user, Block this group.
- Confirm by choosing Block.
- Choose Ok.
- Go back to the chat to see the icon or alert, pictured below, indicating that you have blocked this user.
What happens when I block?
- Blocks the person from seeing your profile name and photo.
- You will not receive notifications from this contact. This includes messages, calls, or group invites.
- If you share a group, you will not see messages or changes to the group name, picture, or settings from this contact. Conversations can be confusing when you do not see their messages and the other group members do. Leave the group or start a new group without this contact.
- This contact is removed from your Signal contact list.
- Your blocked contacts will not know that you have blocked them.
- Blocks the group from seeing your profile name and photo.
- You leave the group. The group is notified that you have left.
- You will not receive any more messages or updates from the blocked group.
- You can not be re-added to the group.
How do I know if I have been blocked?
- Signal does not tell you if you are being blocked by someone else.
- The person who has blocked you will never see this message.
- If a person unblocks you, messages are not resent. They will never see information that you sent while you are blocked.
Steps to unblock a number or group:
- Go to Signal Settings > Privacy > Blocked or Blocked users.
- Select the contact or group to unblock.
- Confirm by choosing Unblock.
What happens when I unblock a contact?
- You will receive notifications for any calls and messages sent after you have unblocked this contact.
- Messages sent to you while you blocked the contact or chat will not be resent.
- This contact may reappear in your Signal contact list.