Does Signal allow multiple accounts on one phone?
No. Signal can only be registered to one phone number per mobile device. With a dual SIM phone, you must choose one number to register with Signal.
How does Signal messaging work with dual SIM phones?
Just as if there was a single SIM, Signal communication is available with the Signal registered number.
- All Signal-to-Signal communication is private and end-to-end encrypted.
- Signal can use whichever internet connection is enabled on your phone, WiFi or mobile data from either SIM.
Here's how to manage dual SIM:
- Insecure SMS/MMS messages from your mobile SIM card numbers are sent through your mobile provider.
- Confirm the SIMs are active and have enough credits to send SMS/MMS.
- SIM card names are modified in Android Settings > Network options > SIM Cards or Dual SIM Settings.
How do I use dual SIM for sending SMS/MMS?
Tap and hold the send icon or to choose which SIM card to use for the SMS/MMS message.
To see dual SIM options:
- Update your OS to Android 5.1 or later.
- Enable all permissions for Signal in Android Settings.
- Make sure your SIM is enabled.
- Go to Android phone Settings > Dual SIM settings, Dual SIM management, or Dual SIM & Cellular.
- Xperia devices: Go to Android phone Settings > Network & Internet > SIM Cards or Dual SIM.
- Samsung devices: Go to Android phone Settings > Connections > Sim card manager.
- Label the SIMs. You may want to physically swap the SIM cards.
- Go to your Android phone Settings > SIM cards > check the SIM labels.
All communication on Signal iOS is private. There's nothing extra you need to do or look for. Signal can use whichever internet connection is enabled on your iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR.