This indicates that your message is in the process of being sent. If this continues for an extended period of time, please ensure that your device is connected to the internet.
This indicates that your message has been sent to the Signal service. If you see this icon, there is no issue with your phone's connectivity.
This indicates that the message has been delivered to the recipient's device.
If both you and your contact have read receipts enabled, this indicates your contact has read the message.
What can I do if my Signal message was not delivered?
- You can wait until your contact has an internet connection and their phone is able to retrieve Signal messages.
- Ask your contact to troubleshoot notifications for their device and ensure that battery optimization settings are not interfering with message delivery.
- If your contact no longer has Signal installed, you can ask them to unregister their number or remind them to install Signal again.
- Follow additional steps to troubleshoot sending messages from your device.
What happens for disappearing messages?
- For a sent disappearing message, the timer starts after you've sent it. This is not a delivery receipt or read receipt.