With Signal's New Groups you can mention or tag another member of the group.
How do I mention another member of the group chat?
- Open the group chat.
- While composing a message, type the "@" symbol and select a member's name.
- Send the message.
- The mentioned member will receive a notification of the message.
- Everyone in the group chat will see the member's contact name as it is stored in their own phones. If the member is not saved as a contact, they will see the member's profile name.
How do I manage notifications for when I am mentioned in muted chats?
- Open your group chat and tap on the group name to view chat settings.
- Tap Mentions.
- Select one of the following
- Always notify me or Always Notify
- Don't notify me or Don't Notify if Muted
I don't see the feature to mention in the group. What do I do?
This feature is not available in Legacy Groups.