Accidentally send a message to the wrong chat? Take backs are now permitted. When deleting a recently sent message, you now have the option to delete for everyone in the chat.
This is a new feature available on the latest versions.
- Signal Android v4.73 and later
- Signal iOS v3.19 and later
- Signal Desktop v1.37.1 and later
To delete messages for everyone in the chat:
This is a best effort to delete messages on all devices that received it in that specific chat. Quoted replies are not deleted.
- Open the chat.
- On mobile:
- Tap and hold on a message that you have sent within the past 3 hours.
- Tap delete .
- On desktop:
- Hover to the inside of the message bubble that you have sent within the past 3 hours.
- Select more .
- Select Delete for everyone.
What do I do if I only see the option to delete for me?
- Update to the latest version.
- Confirm you're selecting a message you have sent.
- Confirm it is less than 3 hours since you have sent the message.