You can link Signal Desktop or Signal iPad to your phone. All Signal communication on linked devices are private.
- Your previous message history is not synchronized. Only new chats sent or received after you linked will appear.
- Copying message history to or from another device is not supported. To use multiple devices, it must be linked as a new device.
- Your phone does not have to be online for the linked device to work, but it will unlink after 30 days of inactivity.
- There is a limit of 5 linked devices per phone.
On your phone, open Signal and navigate to Signal Settings > Linked devices.
- Install Signal Desktop from our website or install Signal iPad from the Apple App Store.
- Open Signal Desktop to view the QR code or open Signal iPad > select Add as New Device to view the QR code.
- On your phone, open Signal and navigate to Signal Settings > Linked devices.
- Tap the (Android) or Link New Device (iOS)
- Use your phone to scan the QR code.
- On Signal Desktop or Signal iPad, enter a name for the linked device and select Finish.
- Send a message from the linked device.
Having issues? Follow these troubleshooting steps.
Multiple mobile devices and Android tablets are not currently supported.
Already set up Signal on another mobile device? Follow these troubleshooting steps.